This wine is part of the Central Club Hotel's Back Vintage Collection
Varietal: Blanc de Blancs
Region: Yarra Valley, VIC
Nose: Green apple, oyster shell and background brioche notes
Palate: Bone dry with flinty citrus acidity at it's core, mealy lees notes help with texture and complexity. The finish has a drive of citrus and grapefruit spice.
The Chardonnay base for this sparkling was wild yeast fermented with 80% in tank and the remaining 20% in older French oak, the wine was then left on fermentation lees for 5 month prior to bottling and a further 18 months on lees. The wine once disgorged had zero dosage added, resulting in a citrus driven aperitif style wine.
This will be a long living vintage sparkling that will keep getting better.